Pages

Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Christmas Sharing #1 - 2 Corinthians 12:9

"But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

2 Corinthians 12:9

Verse of the day! 2 Corinthians 12:9. This carries an important lesson which impacts me a lot. We always boast about our strengths and glories during interview, chit chatting and writing. However, we (at least I) never thought of boasting about our weaknesses. God tells us that His power is made perfect in weakness. I strongly believe no one except Jesus is perfect, we all have different weaknesses. For example, I always have a serious problem of 3 minutes fever. I was so excited about selling phone casings on Carousell in May this year. Successful example of a friend doing this inspired me to venture in this business. Booking some stocks and listing the items on Carousell were fun and interesting at the beginning. 3 months down the road, I was bored with the tedious buy and sell process. The excitement was gone. Eventually, I put up my white flag and left my Carousell account aside. 

I seldom talked about this little business in front of my friends because it was a shame to me. This experience amplified my weakness. So instead of feeling shameful, I should humbly commit this weakness of mine to Lord Jesus. I believe as long as we willingly confess our weaknesses to God, He will hear our voices and lend a hand to us. Just like what 2 Corinthians 12:9 tells us; we should boast about our weaknesses and Christ's power may rest on us. With the wisdom and strength from God, we take actions and eliminate our weaknesses. As people know about our weaknesses and witness our changes, by then, we can be good testimonial of God and share this to encourage others. Every weakness we have is an opportunity for God to show His power in our lives.

Moreover, God teaches us the attitude of humble too. God loves humble people who are not arrogant and not boastful of themselves. Even we have great successful achievements in life, we should not boast about it. Praises from others' mouths are always better and truthful than coming from own mouth.

In this Christmas season, may we learn to be humble and boast our weaknesses instead of strengths. May God's power rest on those boast about weaknesses. Amen




No comments:

Post a Comment